Palah Biswas On Unique Identity No1.mpg

Unique Identity No2

Please send the LINK to your Addresslist and send me every update, event, development,documents and FEEDBACK . just mail to palashbiswaskl@gmail.com

Website templates

Zia clarifies his timing of declaration of independence

what mujib said

Jyothi Basu Is Dead

Unflinching Left firm on nuke deal

Jyoti Basu's Address on the Lok Sabha Elections 2009

Basu expresses shock over poll debacle

Jyoti Basu: The Pragmatist

Dr.BR Ambedkar

Memories of Another day

Memories of Another day
While my Parents Pulin Babu and basanti Devi were living

"The Day India Burned"--A Documentary On Partition Part-1/9

Partition

Partition of India - refugees displaced by the partition

Saturday, March 17, 2012

I’m glad it’s out of the way: Sachin

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1120317/jsp/sports/story_15261426.jsp 

I'm glad it's out of the way: Sachin

Dhaka: Sachin Tendulkar was a relieved man on Friday. At a press conference, he said that he was happy that the 100th century was now out of the way.

The following are excerpts

If he was relieved on reaching the landmark

Mixed feelings... We wanted to get to a good total. I was batting with Virat (Kohli) and we decided 275-280 would be a good total… He mentioned this wicket was different to the one we played earlier. I think 289 was a good total...they needed around 33 off the last three overs. I thought we were in control, but there were a few very good shots...

Getting to the milestone

It's been a tough journey... I was batting well in Australia and in England in patches... In Mumbai, I came so close... For some reason it was just not happening... In Australia the first couple of matches I was really moving well... But somehow the century was not happening… I'm glad it's out of the way... I can focus on the matches now…

His first feelings

I thanked God for whatever has come my way... You should not take things for granted...Till the end you have to be on your toes... Whatever planning the team has, you have to execute it... After scoring 100, my job was not over...The 100 wasn't the only thing on my mind...To get a good total was the aim… I was sort of looking at the scorecard and the run rate... I was avoiding looking at my personal score...

If he was frustrated after missing out on his 100th hundred on several occasions

Yes... I've got to be honest... I am human, too. I have emotions… I was frustrated… It does play on your mind...

If the pressure of the wait was inhuman

I was always human…

On how he handled the pressure since his 99th hundred

While the World Cup was on, you guys did not write much about it... That was not on your minds then… It was never on my mind... Just before the England series, there was talk that I didn't go to the West Indies because I wanted to score it in England...I mean, you can't plan and score a hundred... Nothing like that...You always go out to score a hundred... As a batsman, when you score a century, it means you have contributed to the team's cause... Ask any batsman, he will say he wants to score a century... But I am glad about the journey... It has tested my patience, my character... So many people's questions…

On people saying that he would quit after the 100th hundred

When I decide to retire I will let you know... Won't hide it from you or anyone… Please don't worry... I will play as long as I enjoy, as long as I can contribute...

His next milestone

I don't play for milestones... I play cricket... I want to enjoy cricket... It's a perception created by a few of you here because you guys write… I don't play for records.

The journey from Old Trafford to Dhaka

I was batting really well... There are opinions, some for, some against... I don't read them. I have a job to do... The ups and downs are a part of life... There is no person who has not experienced it... It happens to all the players. It teaches you a lot in life... I never took things for granted... Luck is not on your side always.

On him being called the cricketing God and if God tested him today

First of all, I am not God… I am a cricketer, I am Sachin... After scoring 99 centuries, you are made to realise the value of a hundred... It wasn't easy... It was a testing period... There were many guys who helped me...

If he knew that he didn't have an ODI century against Bangladesh

Honestly, I did not know... I am not somebody who likes statistics...I spend my time practising instead. But, it's a nice feeling.

Inability of the bowlers to defend 289

At the end of the day, you will have many opinions... 289 was a decent total… Sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition... They played good cricket... They approached it really well... Our bowlers tried their best... This is just one of those things… The bowlers had a tough day... Everyday is different… Sometimes you can defend 225... That time no one questions the bowlers… These things happen... We don't have to panic...

Reasons for taking part in optional nets the other day

It was optional. Wanted to hit a few balls...It was not that the others didn't want to practice…

On the next game against Pakistan

Playing against Pakistan is always challenging... Previous matches against them have definitely made me a better player. The process never stops...We keep making mistakes… You go back and you don't want to commit that again... I want to enjoy my cricket... The next game is really challenging and important. We've got to regroup and work our strategy.


 More stories in Sports

  • Gurpreet, the hero
  • Sachin is as good as it gets: Gower 
  • Mark: Used to love seeing Sachin take on Warne...
  • Mushfiqur's heroics 
  • Sania enters doubles final
  • We dedicate this win
  • Sachin is the 
  • Barcelona draw Milan
  • United and City get the boot
  • Kaps: Heart says it should stay forever
  • I'm glad it's out of the way: Sachin
  • Proteas in total control
 

No comments:

Post a Comment