Palah Biswas On Unique Identity No1.mpg

Unique Identity No2

Please send the LINK to your Addresslist and send me every update, event, development,documents and FEEDBACK . just mail to palashbiswaskl@gmail.com

Website templates

Zia clarifies his timing of declaration of independence

what mujib said

Jyothi Basu Is Dead

Unflinching Left firm on nuke deal

Jyoti Basu's Address on the Lok Sabha Elections 2009

Basu expresses shock over poll debacle

Jyoti Basu: The Pragmatist

Dr.BR Ambedkar

Memories of Another day

Memories of Another day
While my Parents Pulin Babu and basanti Devi were living

"The Day India Burned"--A Documentary On Partition Part-1/9

Partition

Partition of India - refugees displaced by the partition

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Fwd: [bangla-vision] Fixing the Budget Mess



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Romi Elnagar <bluesapphire48@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 1:03 AM
Subject: [bangla-vision] Fixing the Budget Mess
To:


 

This is my reply to the article in Common Dreams called, "Grow Up, Ron Paul."

If you have any suggestions for other agencies that should be cut, by all means send them to me "offlist."  I can always edit my own post, and I am sure I missed a few worthy candidates.

Thanks!
Hajja Romi


Yes, I, too, would like to see "Big Government" cut. My cutting would include
1. all oil depletion allowances
2. all tax breaks for corporations and millionaires. Everybody should pay the same basic rate for what's left after I get through. Then we can begin to talk about millionaires and the top 1% really paying their fair share to the country that gave them so much opportunity to make their millions.
3. agricultural subsidies... ALL of them
4. ALL foreign "aid," which is no more than handouts to dictators we like
5. ALL aid to Israel. There is no reason why the Zionist state should practice genocide openly and also in our name. It's a prime reason why people all over the world hate us.
6. ALL government contracts for defense, "Homeland Security," and useless construction ("pork")
7. the TSA. The entire agency. Close it down.
8. HALF of the Pentagon's budget. Reichtwing politicians always talk about how streamlining and cutting workers makes things more efficient. Let them try it on the Defense Department. If the DOD isn't improved enough, cut another 25%. That ought to do the trick. I would also entirely cut AfricCom and half of all military bases overseas.
Cutting the Pentagon's budget shouldn't be that hard anyway, because I would end ALL foreign wars and bring the troops home.
8. the following agencies, inter alia: the Agricultural Marketing Service, the Army Corps of Engineers, the CIA, Lawrence Livermore Labs, Los Alamos National Laboratory.
9. cut the INS by half and start negotiations with Mexico and other Latin American countries to help their farmers so that they won't have the incentive to come here.
10. Limit the DEA to stopping the trafficking of hard drugs.
11. Shut down any and all FEMA camps retrofitted for domestic "terrorists."
I would also hand over the BIA to the tribes. Let them have the budget to run their own schools, hospitals, retirement homes, etc. If it isn't enough, let them have some of the Pentagon's cut. I think Indians will appreciate doing more with less. They've been at it since before we arrived on these shores.
I would also cut the Bureau of Prisons. All prisoners convicted of nonviolent offenses would get paroled.
12. I would cut the FBI by half and stop their harassment of peaceful Americans.
I would appoint people in Treasury and the Federal Reserve who would put THIS NATION'S interests FIRST, not the interests of the 1%.
I would put a freeze on all federal insuring of nuclear power plants. They are a waste of money, and they are the worst environmental hazard in human history.
13. Radio Free anywhere and VOA
I would stop the Forest Service's giveaways of rights to public lands by private organizations. These giveaway sell our precious irreplaceable natural heritage for a pittance.
I would close the Holocaust Museum, and use the funding for an American Holocaust Museum, dedicated to telling the TRUTH about the genocide of native Americans.
That should do it for starters. I'm sure I'll find that I will have saved quite a bit, which can be used either to lower taxes or make live more liveable for people, especially the working poor. But, I won't rest because I am sure I missed a few pork barrel projects and handouts to the lazy rich.

__._,_.___

--
Palash Biswas
Pl Read:
http://nandigramunited-banga.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment