Palah Biswas On Unique Identity No1.mpg

Unique Identity No2

Please send the LINK to your Addresslist and send me every update, event, development,documents and FEEDBACK . just mail to palashbiswaskl@gmail.com

Website templates

Zia clarifies his timing of declaration of independence

what mujib said

Jyothi Basu Is Dead

Unflinching Left firm on nuke deal

Jyoti Basu's Address on the Lok Sabha Elections 2009

Basu expresses shock over poll debacle

Jyoti Basu: The Pragmatist

Dr.BR Ambedkar

Memories of Another day

Memories of Another day
While my Parents Pulin Babu and basanti Devi were living

"The Day India Burned"--A Documentary On Partition Part-1/9

Partition

Partition of India - refugees displaced by the partition

Monday, December 14, 2009

Re: [PMARC] On brave Gujarati girl



On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Benjamin Kaila <benjamin_kaila@yahoo.com> wrote:

(I am sending this email to some journalist and people in the media to see what do they think of it.) Please free to forward it to others.

Dear friends in the media,

I request you to give maximum publicity to this brave girl. Any help from your side is appreciated. Is she not brave enough to get bravery award from Govt of India? When a small dowry victim's case became international news, why her bravery doesn't hear anywhere? If you are with me, please publicist it widely and get the attention it requires.

Dear Mr Raghu,

Can I have your brief introduction to know you better?

Thanks for your communication and interest in this brave girl's case. Here are my responses to your queries.

1.     As I have mentioned in my earlier email, we have a number of options I could think of. If all promised donations are realized, we may raise little more than a lakh. My first option is putting all the money in a Fixed Deposit for a period with an option of getting interest every month. But, I do not know how badly she is in need of money and how much she needs. That can be found by people like you, who are at the ground. We go by your suggestion.

2.     I am also thinking of buying a second-hand auto-rikshaw and present it to her father, if that can help the whole family. Please think of it as well.

3.     No function or no expenses involving in it. I may send someone I know to handover the check to her. We may need a photo or two with or without her (if there is any objection in publicity) to upload on our website.

4.     Sure, please send an appeal and see if anyone responds. They can send donations to an India address or to you and you may send them to our organization in India. The details are at our website www.friendsforeducation.org

5.     I will verify the FFEI website and try to correct it. It is a very outdated website and my all attempts to make it good failed. So far, I am looking for a  free service as do no want to spend money for such cosmetics. Now, I think,I have no option.

6.     Sure, you can contact the doctor and take whatever the help we may get. He may present when we are distributing our donation. I would like to invite the woman teacher Ms Patel (I read it in the news articles) who supported her, if possible.

7.     I do not have the correct amount right now. Unless all pledged donations are realized, I will not have the amount. I do not quote some figure and recant when I could not deliver it. But, I am appealing to many people via group emails and individually as well. I want to help her to the maximum extent possible.

8.     I am also trying my best to get her some job. I wrote to several influential people, but only one responded so far. Please try at your end as well.

9.     To be frank, I got a marriage proposal for her from some social activist. I did not pursue it as I think it is too much for me to involve in such matters.

10.  My special request to activists in India: 

a.     See that the case goes without a barrier. Take whatever the help required and see that the culprits punished to the fullest. I wish they should be hanged, frankly speaking. They destroyed so many lives accroding to the media reports.

b.    See that she will get this year's bravery award from the Govt of India. Extensive publicity will be the only way to be noticed by the think-skinned bureaucrats in our "Karma Bhoomi." So, please take initiation on this front.

With regards
Ben
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An educated man without character and humility was more dangerous than a beast. If his education was detrimental to the welfare of poor, he was a curse to society.
-Babasaheb Dr B R Ambedkar



From: "raghavan@prl.res.in" <raghavan@prl.res.in>
To: Benjamin Kaila <benjamin_kaila@yahoo.com>
Cc: sshankar@cmi.ac.in
Sent: Fri, December 11, 2009 10:42:50 PM
Subject: Re: Brave Gujarati girl - facts from another source

Dear Benjamin,

1. Have you decided on how exactly you wish to help the girl?  Would you
like to give a lumpsum or scholarship or part lumpsum and part
scholarship?  You had also listed other options in a previous mail.

I presume this is a function of how much has been collected.  I would like
to send an appeal to my friends in Ahmedabad and would like to include
what you may have decided about the above.

2. In the Friends for Education website the link for executive body and
advisors in the US and India is not opening up properly.  Can you pl.
check this, as I would like to provide your websites in my appeal?

3. Would you like me to contact the doctor I mentioned in my earlier
message who has been in more regular touch with the girl and mention an
amount that we can pledge?  I can ask him how we can provide the money
(lumpsum/scholarship/etc) if you wish.

Regards,
Raghu.









Visit web site | Reply to sender | Click here to unsubscribe
The email is intended only for the recipients. The owners of the Dgroups cannot be held responsible for the contents of the email message.


No comments:

Post a Comment